The Hello Bar is a simple web toolbar that engages users and communicates a call to action. A Busy Girl's Bucket List: Student Government... Hmmmm

Friday, April 8, 2011

Student Government... Hmmmm

I was asked my view on SGA (aka Student Government Association) and I was sitting back trying to come up with a solid opinion on our own SGA. I don’t have anything against it and I know that a school wouldn’t be right without one, I just don’t know enough about it to get involved.

I am in a student organization and in a senior capstone class, both of which needed the help of SGA, was given their word, then COMPLETELY screwed over. That’s not to say they do that to everyone, but unless you’re in Greek life or in an organization that one of their members are a part of, you don’t really see too many results of what SGA promises to make happen.

I have tons of friends in it and I vote for who I feel deserves it every year, but SGA and the campaigns of people running for it are starting to turn into nothing but a popularity contest and a resume booster.

Personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment