The Hello Bar is a simple web toolbar that engages users and communicates a call to action. A Busy Girl's Bucket List: Cupid, Clothes and Community

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cupid, Clothes and Community

Last Thursday, I managed to start my random bucket list right with a big check... I MODELED! 

Not for a company, or posing while a creepy photographer takes my picture for a "modeling portfolio" album like you may see on many girls' Facebooks, but for a good cause. 

A student organization that I'm in called PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) held a fashion show called "Cupid, Clothes and Community" to raise money for the local Boys and Girls Club. It was only $5 at the door and everyone was welcome. Many students contributed and about 20 models (or students who never modeled in their lives, including myself) volunteered their time to go get fittings at four different stores, including Altered Ego, Gap, Maurices and Coni and Franc, then strut their stuff on the runway Thursday night.

I would like to take credit for being generous with my time, but what girl wouldn't want to be decked out in crazy clothes, awesome shoes and expensive jewelry on a random day? Not to mention, seeing the little kids in the front row of the audience, cheering for every one of us made me feel a lot better about risking my life to try to walk in 6" heels.

So, NO. I'm not even close to being a model, but it sure as hell felt great to try something new and know that all the profits went to a great cause, while making all the V-Day haters realize that Cupid isn't that bad.

Ps. I'm the one in the black skirt and white top.. my only claim to fame ;)

Some other links...
Daily Athenaeum 
Assciated Press 

1 comment: